Effective Date: 08-AUG-2022
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that those who are authorized to use our trademarks, use them properly. This site is not to be construed as granting or otherwise transferring to anyone any license or right to use any of our trademarks for any purpose.
Unauthorized use of our trademarks, or trademarks that are confusingly similar to our trademarks, constitutes an infringement of our trademark rights. If you are uncertain as to whether you are authorized to use any of our trademarks, please consult with our marketing office at 1-800-343-9071.
The words “we”, “us” and “our” mean Monaghan Medical Corp. and/or an affiliate of Monaghan Medical Corp.
II. WHAT IS A TRADEMARK?
A trademark can be, among other things, a word, logo, slogan or color applied to an article. A trademark is used in association with goods or services to distinguish those goods or services from those originating from another source. A trademark is also sometimes referred to as a brand name.
III. OUR TRADEMARKS
Our word trademarks include: AEROCHAMBER®, AEROCHAMBER PLUS® FLOW-VU®, AEROCHAMBER PLUS® Z STAT®, AEROCHAMBER PLUS®, AEROCHAMBER MINI™, AEROBEAR™, AEROBIKA®, AEROECLIPSE®, AEROECLIPSE® BAN™, AEROTRACH PLUS®, COMFORTSEAL®, COLORZONE®, DOC MONAGHAN®, FLOWSIGNAL®, FLOW-VU®, TRUPEAK®, TRUZONE®, Z STAT® and AEROCONTROL®. STRIVE®, AEROVENT PLUS®, monaghan means it matters®, AeroVerse®, VersaPAP®, MC 300®
Our design trademarks include:8
This list may be up-dated by us from time to time.
The equity represented by our trademarks has been built over many years. Our trademarks, such as AEROCHAMBER®, are recognized in many markets around the world and have become synonymous with quality and dependability.
IV. PROPER USE OF OUR TRADEMARKS
If you are authorized to use our trademarks, you must comply with the rules set out below. These rules apply to the use of our trademarks in advertisements, press releases, letters, memorandums, e-mails, trade show materials, marketing materials, articles, web pages, and any other materials regardless of the form.
- Any reference to our products or services by their associated trademarks MUST be truthful, fair and not misleading.
- NEVER use our trademarks to describe a product or service other than a product or service originating from us. For example, the AEROCHAMBER® trademark and the AEROCHAMBER PLUS® trademark should only be used to describe our holding chambers. Use of our trademarks to promote or otherwise describe a competitor’s products or services, is not authorized and constitutes trademark infringement.
- NEVER use our trademarks as a noun or verb.
Our trademarks must always be used as adjectives.
Improper Usage: Please ship to us five AEROCHAMBER PLUS®.
Proper Usage: Please ship to us five AEROCHAMBER PLUS® valved holding chambers.”
When our trademarks are used repeatedly in text, you can shorten the noun by using an acronym. For example, in the above case, you can shorten valved holding chamber to VHC by defining the term the first time you use it in your text.
Example: Please ship to us five AEROCHAMBER PLUS® valved holding chambers (“VHCs”). The AEROCHAMBER PLUS® VHCs should be shipped by rail.
- NEVER use our trademarks in any manner that suggests they are your or another person’s trademarks.Do not combine or incorporate our trademarks as part of any other trademarks, trade names, or company names.
- Our trademarks should always be set apart from other text.
The first letter of our trademarks must always be capitalized. The entire trademark should either be capitalized or bolded and/or italicized to set it apart from the surrounding text.
Improper Usage: We have been using the aerochamber valved holding chamber for many years.
Proper Usage: We have been using the AEROCHAMBER® valved holding chamber for many years.
- The appropriate trademark symbol ® or ™ or * should be inserted immediately at the end of our trademark.
If you are using the trademark on a website, you should use the * symbol with an attribution notice as set out in paragraph 8 below. The ® symbol should only be used if the trademark is registered in the jurisdiction where you intend to use the trademark.
Please consult with our marketing office at 1-800-343-9071 if you do not know which trademark symbol you should be using.
- Trademarks that incorporate a design must be reproduced in the same manner as depicted on our products and/or advertisements. If you require assistance on how to properly reproduce the design (i.e. font size, color etc…) please contact our marketing office at 1-800-343-9071.
- A proper attribution notice should be used for our trademarks. You should include a notice (i.e. footnote) where our trademarks appear indicating that they are “trademarks or registered trademarks of Monaghan Medical Corp. or an affiliate of Monaghan Medical Corp.”.
You should consult with our marketing office at 1-800-343-9071 for assistance with attribution notices.
We reserve the right to make changes to the above Rules from time to time and to impose additional rules / requirements by written agreement or otherwise.
If you are a distributor, your agreement with us may impose additional rules and requirements.
All contents Copyright © 2022 Monaghan Medical Corporation.
All Rights Reserved.™/® trademarks or registered trademarks of Monaghan Medical Corporation or an affiliate of Monaghan Medical Corporation. email@example.com