Monaghan Medical Corporation (MMC) is headquartered in Plattsburgh, New York (USA). We are a leader in the development and manufacture of aerosol drug delivery devices and asthma management products. We are also a supplier to major pharmaceutical companies involved with respiratory medicine in the United States. Our strength lies in product development around core capabilities in mechanical engineering design, complimented by collaboration with a state-of-the-art aerosol research laboratory. Our company is focused on developing cost-efficient, outcome-based solutions for our customers.
Products manufactured and distributed by Monaghan Medical Corporation center around aerosol drug delivery with an emphasis on products for Asthma and COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) management. Included in the product line are:
- AeroChamber Plus® Z STAT® anti-static Valved Holding Chamber (aVHC) with mouthpiece, the AeroChamber Plus® Z STAT® aVHC with Small and Medium mask for low tidal volume patients AeroChamber Plus® Z STAT® aVHC with large mask for standard tidal volume patients and the AeroTrach Plus® aVHC designed for use with tracheostomy patients. All of these products are used in conjunction with a pressurized metered dose inhaler (pMDI);
- AeroChamber MAX® Valved Holding Chamber (VHC) with mouthpiece, the AeroChamber MAX® VHC with Small and Medium mask for low tidal volume patients and the AeroChamber MAX® VHC with large mask for standard tidal volume patients. All of these products are used in conjunction with a pressurized metered dose inhaler (pMDI);
- AeroVent® Collapsible Holding Chamber (CHC) and AeroChamber® Holding Chamber for Mechanically Ventilated Patients (HC MV) are used to deliver pMDI medication in ventilator circuits;
- AeroEclipse® II Breath Actuated Nebulizer (BAN) for use with aersolized medication; and
- TruZone® Peak Flow Meter (PFM), which has a unique logarithmic scale to make color zone management simple and patient friendly.
Monaghan Medical Corporation is a recognized leader in respiratory care and received the American Association of Respiratory Care (AARC) Zenith Award in 1993, 1996, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2007 and 2008. In conjunction with the AARC, Monaghan Medical Corporation sponsors the Peak Performance USA Program, which provides school nurses with the tools to effectively manage asthmatic students at school and professional educational materials eligible for CEU credits.
The focus of Monaghan Medical Corporation is on the development and marketing of innovative and unique aerosol drug delivery devices as well as asthma management products. Over 300 peer reviewed articles supporting the company's respiratory management products have been published in various medical journals throughout the world.